Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Vlog #6: SGP Team Shoutouts on St. Patrick's Day


FANTASTIC SHOUTOUT VIDEO by the lovely MEGAN!

EVERYONE should watch this video. It's awesome, inspiring, touching, and wonderfully made.
Thanks to Vero for typing up her part! :)

[Title reads: Southern Gothic Productions. You have inspired us…]

Sue: [Blackpool, England – UK] I just wanted to say well done to everybody involved in the Southern Gothic Productions team, you know, from Hilarie to Kelly to writer, Nick, actors, everybody behind the scenes. I know you’re working, probably, so hard to achieve what you’ve achieved already, and you’re going to continue to work hard to make sure you get to where you want to be.

Kim: [Springdale, AR – USA] So, there are no words for what Southern Gothic Productions Blog has meant to me, because I wouldn’t have finished my screenplay when I did, and I wouldn’t have seeked out the people that I did to help me with this later on when I do get to the point where I can make this movie. Without them showing me that, if you have the passion to do something, you can make it happen.

Kaitlin: [Boston, Mass. – USA] I just wanted to say SGP, I think you’re awesome, and I think it’s really cool that we are getting to see this organic project kind of unfold through the blogosphere, and I’m kind of fascinated by it, and I’m so glad you guys are doing it. I’ve met really cool people through this blog, and I’m just really digging it.

Raquel: [Battle Ground, WA – USA] [speaks Spanish while holding cards up that read “They have a passion for art, because their passion comes from the heart and that heart has created a place filled with loyal fans who embrace the Hellick! Thank you Kelly, Hilarie, Nick, Austin, Ali, and Eddie.]

Raquel: Tienen un pasión para la arte, porque la pasión de ellos viene del corazón más importante y ese corazón hizo un lugar lleno de fanáticos leales que abrazan el Hellick, gracias.

Nicole: [New Jersey – USA] I did receive this in the mail today which was a gift from Kelly for the transcripts, and it’s just awesome, and things like this remind me of why I love Southern Gothic Productions so much. Because it really is a rarity that there is a production company that supports the fans just as much as we support them. So I just wanted to let you know that we love you! And that I am so happy that I am part of you’re passion and you’re drive and I love hearing from you on your blogs and you’re videos and I can’t wait to hear more about Pedestrian.

Lynette (a.k.a Signi): [Canada] I see the passion. I see the love of what you guys are doing with your company, and your vision that you have.

Kim: They have the passion, and the heart, and the drive to keep the arts alive in Wilmington, and they have the desire to do something that is truly great, not because it’s gonna make tons of money, not because it’s gonna be the biggest thing out there, but because that’s what they believe in. It’s a story they want to tell, and it’s a story they know, and that’s how mine is, and I can never truly say thank you enough to them.

Becca: [Meansville, GA – USA… showing off her hat collection] Thank you for inspiring me, and inspiring all of us at the blog to never be afraid to chase our dreams, or to stand out in life. You’re heart and drive and your passion that all of you guys have put into Southern Gothic is what’s getting you so much support, and this is support that’s gonna be there throughout the entire process for every film that you make, for Pedestrian, and for the many more that we know and believe that you will make in the years to come. I’m just so honored to be part of it and thank you for letting us in.

Sue: I think it’s amazing that you’re having the opportunity to inspire so many other people. I mean, you can just see it by looking at the people following the blog, about what they’re posting, you know, their work writing to poets, they’re even beginning to “vlog.”

Kaitlan Olivia: [Limerick, PA – USA] After you started your blog, so many people from all over the world have joined, and it’s just mind boggling and amazing, and, you know, this is our way of saying thank you for everything that you’re doing, and we greatly, greatly appreciate it so, thank you so much. We love you.

Julia: [King of Prussia, PA – USA] I just wanted to tell you how inspiring, how awesome of a thing you are doing, and how excited we all are to be a part of it, and how awesome it is that you are letting us all be a part of it, and I think that something that’s inspiring, not only what you’re doing, also how you are doing it, the types of people you are, how you are interacting with us, showing us how humble and down to earth you are. I think that too is inspiring. So, you are inspiring, as well as your company.

Elise: [Sydney, Australia] I can see through your blogs how passionate that you are, and how determined you are to achieve as much as you can, and the blog has really reignited a spark inside of me, the very one that made me want to travel in the first place and follow my dreams. So, today I turn 21 years old, and in 5 days I board a plane for London, and this wouldn’t have happened without you guys and being so inspiring. So thanks again, and good luck with Southern Gothic.

Audrey: [Bordeaux, Gironde – France] Climbing up the hill, it is going through a long journey, avoiding obstacles that destiny can put under your feet. No one promised there wouldn’t be times you feel like a lost ant… People around you, and the ones you’ll find on your way will be there to remind you why it is so hard, and deserve the pain. That’s what matters in the end. When you reach summit, cause you will, is sharing and enjoying the view, all your effort made real. It is a place where mountains become hills. It is a place where your wishes fly in the wind, and it is worth the dream.

Veronica (Titania) & Elizabeth: [Alicante, Spain… Met through SGP Chat!] [Veronica speaks in Spanish as Elizabeth translates]

Veronica: Pues ahora lo que pasa es que para finalizar vamos a necesitar que nos mandéis una dirección porque queremos enviaros esta fabulosa botella de vino que es un Rioja, vino típico español.

Elizabeth: Anyways, guys, we need an address to send you this awesome bottle of wine, a Rioja, typical Spanish.

Veronica: porque la vais a necesitar cuando acabéis "Pedestrian".

Elizabeth: Because you will need it when you finish Pedestrian.

Veronica: Y mientras tanto nosotras lo que vamos a hacer es brindar por vosotros para desearos mucha suerte con este proyecto y muchos besos desde España.

Elizabeth: Well, meanwhile we are going to drink a toast to you guys and wish you good luck from Spain.

Veronica: ¡Salud!

Elizabeth: Cheers.

Astrid: [Cape Town, South Africa] I feel like this post on the SGP blog, which I absolutely love, and I just think that it epitomizes what I think Southern Gothic Productions is all about. So I decided to transcribe that onto some red velvet cupcakes, and it just read “SGP. Big Rocks, Big Ripples.” You guys are awesome and I’m really looking forwards to your debut project.

[Artwork by Samantha – London, England – UK is shown]

Sue: [quote by Thomas Jefferson] “Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goals, but nothing on Earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.”

Megan: [quote by Frank Lloyd Wright] “The thing always happens that you really believe in, and the belief in a thing makes it happen.”

Kaitlin: [quote by Oasis] “Slip inside the eye of your mind, Don’t you know you might find a better place to play.”

Becca: [quote by Claude T. Bissell] “Risk more than others think is safe. Care more than others think is wise. Dream more than others think is practical. Expect more than others think is possible.

Kaitlan: [quote by Hugh Macleod] “Your idea doesn’t have to be big, it just has to be yours alone. The more the idea is yours alone, the more freedom you have to do something really amazing. The more amazing, the more people will click with your idea. The more people click with your idea, the more it will change the world.”

Julia: [quote by Eleanor Roosevelt] “The future belongs to those who believe the in beauty of their dreams.”

Lynette: [quote by Helen Stellar] “This time around, you can be anyone.”

Sue: You’re showing people that, if you have a dream, you just have to work hard, and you’ll get there.

Audrey: [yelling from a hill] Hey world! Southern Gothic Productions rocks!

[Title reads: “Thank-you, SGP! http://southerngothicproductions.blogspot.com”]

[Montage of pictures from SGP blog]

[Video created by: Megan]

[Music by: Fanboyz Collective – G. OH. C. Neely. E Ramirez]

No comments:

Post a Comment