Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Vlog #15: Palm Reading...



Heres what Hilarie's future holds...


[Sign reads “Artist: Mike Roig… Title: Celestial Navigator… for more information and purchase inquiries PEDESTRIANART.COM]

Hilarie Burton: [holding hand under sign] What is that? Oh, “pedestrian art” you say?

Nicholas Gray: Are you a hand model?

HB: I am. [zoom out to show Hilarie and Nicholas sitting under an installation] Oh, look! Pedestrian art. We found it guys. Everyone wants to be a pedestrian. Even Mike Roig, who put this installation into our beautiful Riverwalk Park. Wilmington is a great artistic community, and we have different art installations going up all over downtown, all the time. It’s an inspiring place to live, correct Nick?

NG: Correct.

HB: Correct.

NG: Affirmative.

HB: Affirmative. [laughs] Robots don’t say yes, they say affirmative. [points at camera] What’s that from? So, another thing we find inspiring is palm reading. Now, Nick and I have had a number of conversations about this. I’m learning how to do it, but he’s an old pro. So, we want to know what the future of Southern Gothic, and I personally want to know what the future of Hilarie Burton holds, so Nick’s going to read my palm today for you guys. [holds up palms]

NG: [looking at Hilarie’s palms] You’re right handed right?

HB: I’m right handed.

NG: Glitter palms!

HB: Oh, glitter palm! What have I been into? One of those strip clubs or…

NG: Here, I’m gonna put my hood on like a soothsayer.

HB: Oh, you look like a Druid! [laughs] You’re so mystical!

NG: Alright, what they say is that your dominant hand is what’s telling you about you’re present, and you’re non-dominant hand is telling you about your past.

HB: Oh, I got a seedy past.

NG: [pointing to non-dominant hand] I don’t know about that one… Looks…

HB: Yeah.

NG: [looking at dominant hand] So let’s take a look at this. Now, you have a Venus hand…

HB: Oh, what does that mean?

NG: It means that you are attracted and live within the arts.

HB: I do!

NG: And, it would probably be better if I didn’t know you at all, because then I could, you know, just say that but… [points to one line] Oh no, I’m going to leave that one out…

HB: Really? [laughs] What does it say?

NG: I’m not gonna say that.

HB: Shut up! Really?

NG: No, but… so here we have… okay this is your heartline, and this is your headline, and this is your lifeline, and you have a really good line that’s attaching between your heart line and your head line. And what that means is… [referring to hood] I’m taking this foolish thing off… and what that means is that, when you make decisions, you do so with a good blend of both your heart and your mind.

HB: You’re so wise.

NG: That’s a really important quality to have.

HB: Oh cool! Neat. I feel better.

NG: What else do we got going on here? I’m trying to find some awesome little things in here… Another good thing is here, where your lifeline is attached to your headline that usually denotes a really strong connection with family.

HB: I do love my family, I mean, most of them. [laughs]

NG: This X on your… under your pointer finger… I’m trying to figure out…

HB: It’s the mount of… is it not Mercury? No, um…

NG: I can’t remember what mount it is but… It just means that you are… you’re bossy.

HB: [laughs] I mean guys, I’ve admitted that, okay?

NG: Yeah, it means you like to be in charge and you like being a leader, and that’s important. Actually, you have Xs all along the way, which makes you a well-rounded individual. [shakes her hand] Nice to meet you.

HB: Oh, it’s so nice to meet you! Well, with that little bit of positive affirmation, here we go kids! Yeah, look up your own palm! Tell us what you’ve got going for you, and join our bossy team! See you later!

NG: Bye guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment