Monday, April 20, 2009

Vlog #19: SoGoPro Muse at the Market Street Saloon...

for those who haven't heard this AMAZING singer yet... visit her myspace and be ready to have your world rocked ;)

[Bibis, Hilarie, and Nick on screen]

Hilarie Burton: Hi guys! It’s Hilarie, hanging out here with Nick, obviously, and we’ll introduce her in a second. Obviously you have heard us talk about muses quite a bit. I call Nick my muse all the time. We actually have a local muse that inspires us on a regular basis.

Nicholas Gray: Every Tuesday!

HB: Please allow me to introduce you to the one and only Bibis.

Bibis: [waves] Hey guys!

HB: This girl is the best singer we have ever heard. We joke that we do all our business in bars. We go out and we meet people…

NG: It’s no joke.

HB: I mean, it’s no joke. We really do!

NG: We just spent the last two hours here doing meetings.

B: We’re in a bar right now.

NG: Yeah.

HB: We are in a bar right now. We are in Market Street Saloon. She plays here on Sundays.

B: I just got done playing.

HB: She just got done, and, you know, you play cover songs for town, but you have a repertoire of original stuff that’s unbelievable.

B: Aw.

HB: And I want to announce to everybody right now that Southern Gothic is taking Bibis under their wing. We’re putting her in the studio, and we are gonna record her stuff and put it out there for you guys. She’s unbelievable and we’re actually… we’re going to come by your house tomorrow and record some original stuff, and we’re gonna put it up later for you. But what it is about Wilmington that makes you want to be here and create? Why did you pick here to live?

B: You know, my dad, who also played music, is from here…

HB: Okay.

B: He played music for a really long time and I moved down here because I got a job singing for a living. I’ve always done anything but singing.

HB: Weren’t you teaching, like, preschool?

B: Yeah. I was teaching preschool at Chapel Hill, which was wonderful…

HB: [laughs] Preschool… singing in a bar… whatever.

B: I went from one extreme to the other so… But I got a job singing cover songs down here and it just inspired me to do some of my own stuff more often, you know, and the beach is here, and I love it, and, you know, creatively, I’m really inspired here.

HB: Awesome. Well, you know, Nick and I go to see her if not once, twice a week, and I feel like we do most of our creative stuff while we’re sitting in a bar, watching Bibis.

B: Is that true?

NG: Well, Bibis is my American Idol.

[Hilarie and Bibis laugh]

B: Oh, dear!

NG: It’s not funny. It’s like… it’s real.

HB: It’s so true!

B: I love this guy.

NG: She recorded a cover song that is very close to my heart, I’m not going to say anything more than that but…

HB: We’ll put it out there for you guys.

NG: Eventually, yes.

HB: So, this is your warning, Bibis is about to invade your world. So get ready, folks!

B: Invite me over!

HB: Invite her over! She’s a good time! Until then, we’ll see you later! Bye!

B: Bye! 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Nicole :) as always but still !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! it was kinda hard to understand them with all the noise;)

    ReplyDelete