Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Vlog #20: BIBIS

okay, first of all, let me just point out that this is VLOG TWENTY!!!! that's crazy. I hope the SGP team knows how grateful we are for everything they do...

speaking of being down-on-our-knees grateful, SGP has entered an OUT OF THIS WORLD artist into our lives. I know she has worked her way onto repeat in my world, now let her change yours.
here is BIBIS:

[Just Bibis and her guitar on screen]

Bibis: Hey Southern Gothic fans! This is Bibis singing. I am going to play you a song I wrote, and it’s called “Foxes.” [begins song]

 

Oh, you will ride your foxes

And swim with armies

You said you’d build us a tower where we could

stretch our legs and be free

 

Oh, you have built this tower

Made of lies and misery

You scraped the skin from my bones

Tied knots in my veins

you have built this hole of me

 

Oh, you will ride your foxes

You say you’d save me

You swore you’d love, love me

 

Oh, I could swim these waters that have poured out of me

I almost threw out my arms and swore you were the calvary

But every mask, every day

Through porcelain I see

This fairy's tale is fading

But I’m a little bit brighter

Than you knew me to be

My spine unwinds, you see

 

Yeah, this vision is fading

And these walls don’t sing

And I wonder if you ever think of me

Oh, I wonder if you ever think of me



(and a big thank you to Niamh and Vero for helping me check the lyrics :) )

and also, for all you spanish speakers, go visit http://sgpstreetteamespanol.blogspot.com/ for SGP tutorials in espanol!! =]

3 comments:

  1. You ROCK ! Thank you , this way I can appreciate the song even more :);

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, your guess is as good or better than mine :)

    ReplyDelete