Thursday, May 14, 2009

Vlog #27: New Media

Gotta love Hilarie endorsements. =]
Be helpful and comment with your favorite products, loves.

[Hilarie is standing in a kitchen with various commercial items with the labels crossed out sitting on the counter in front of her]

Hilarie Burton: Hey guys! Hilarie, hanging out here. I don’t know if we mentioned it before on the blog, but I made a big trip out to Los Angeles last week, and I was doing a lot of Southern Gothic work, also auditioning for stuff, hoping for jobs. But, in the middle of all that, I actually had some really great meetings where I learned a lot. And one of the meetings I had was with my manager’s office, and I explained to them what we are doing with ‘Pedestrian’, what we are doing with a T.V. show we are working on, and then also our interest in webisodes. Now, Nick has written a web series for us, but new media is something that’s new to everybody, so I went in and got some great advice, and the thing they told me I needed to collect was information about our demographic. Now that means you! So, the information that I’m going to need from you in order to sell our fabulous web series, which Nick will tell you about later in the week, is… I need to know how old you guys all are, what gender you are, and then what products you’re interested in. The way this process works is I take that information to potential advertisers. I show them, ‘look, this is my demographic, this is the story we’re telling, will you give us a budget for our project?’ And yeah, so the more information we have, the easier it will be to sell our wonderful little show. So for all of you who have not signed up yet, write in! Sign up! Join the blog! Tell me what is your favorite [as she points to products in front of her] snack food, your favorite drink, your favorite juice to keep in the fridge, cleaning products, you know, [picks up last bottle and attempts to spray it in her hair] hair products… [laughs] This doesn’t work… and all that information is really, really going to help us make it to our goal of making content that we can get to you quickly and tell great stories and…. [looks around] Is it hot in here? [looks off screen] Are you hot? Is it really hot? No, [looks other way off screen] are you? [someone throws her deodorant from off screen] Oh! Like this! So, write in! Tell us what ads you’re into and [puts deodorant on] we’ll make a great, great show for you. See you guys later!

2 comments: