Friday, May 22, 2009

Vlog #31: Another member of the SGP team, Levi Boyd

We all love new folks supporting SGP, so go watch and help welcome SGP's moneyman, Levi Boyd!

[in a restaurant, pan from James aka Awesome Billy and Nick doing work to Hilarie sitting with Levi Boyd]

Hilarie Burton: Hi guys, what’s going on? Hilarie, hanging out with someone we need to introduce you too, another member of our Southern Gothic Productions team, this is Levi, and Levi may look like a rock star, but really, he’s working on the money end of everything. Why don’t we tell everybody how you came into contact with all of us; How did you first hear about Southern Gothic?

Levi Boyd: I believe I read… I had just moved back to North Carolina, where I’m from, from Washington D.C., and I read an article about these two guys [pointing to Hilarie and Kelly, filming], the man behind the camera, and…

HB: That’s Kelly.

LB: That’s Kelly, KT, and I liked what they were doing, and I had no experience in the film industry whatsoever, but I was trying to get my hands on some new things, and so I sent, I believe Kelly, an email and got together with Kelly and Hilarie, and here we are.

HB: Now you come from, like, the banking world, right?

LB: I do come from the banking world, so I know some…

HB: What were you doing before?

LB: I was doing investment banking, but that’s boring.

HB: [laughing] That’s so square!

LB: Yeah, that’s too boring to talk about in this blog… but yeah, that’s what I was doing, and I’m trying to now branch out.

HB: So I hear… Kelly tells me, ‘Oh, we’ve got this banking guy that wants to help us out!’ right? And we have a meeting and I expect this suit to show up…

LB: No suit. [pops his ‘collar’]

HB: …all of a sudden, rock’n’roll over here shows up. Ain’t he cute? So yeah, so now what do we have going on? You have a lot of contacts, from kids you went to school with, and their parents, and people you’ve met through college, and the banking world.

LB: Yup, I’m trying to go to anybody who has a dollar, so yeah, that’s what we’re doing.

HB: We’re hustlin’.

LB: We’re hustlin’. Hustlin’, that’s it.

HB: You went from the banking world to hustlin’ for film gypsies.

LB: Exactly, and I like it.

HB: What does your mother have to say about this?

LB: I don’t know if she likes it.

HB: [laughs] Awesome. So yeah, we’re on the right path, we’re trying to raise some money, and Levi here is making it happen. So everybody, give him a hand, welcome to the team. [claps and cheers]

LB: Cheers!

HB: We’ll have our money very, very soon, kids.

LB: Hope so!

HB: See you later! 

No comments:

Post a Comment